Amazing Felines - Cat Blog

8.21.2008

Waffle

Last June I was visiting a client when my attention was caught by a little white thing that was moving very slowly by the sidewalk. I looked at the creature long and hard and saw that it was a tiny kitten. Its ears were still small and he was wobbling. I don't know how long I stood there looking at the poor thing but when I turned around there was a group of people staring at me as well. I was thinking, what to do, I just can't leave it there! But I was on my way inside and it was a food company so I wasn't allowed to bring the kitten in. I prayed that it would still be there when I got out. Well, it was, and of course I picked it up and brought him to the our office basement first because I still had a lot of meetings. I asked the attendant to keep an eye on him first. After what seemed like forever, I was able to pick him up again and we went straight to the vet. He didn't have teeth yet and looked like his eyes just opened. We fed him kitten milk and now he's getting bigger and had his first shots. His name is Waffle and the vet's office keeps on losing his file card because I didn't know what to name him when I first brought him there.

He tackles the bigger cats and is always running, always jumping on the other cats. He always makes us laugh with his antics.

11 Comments:

  • hye kath...i juz came across ur blog for the pass few days..n i love it so much..it's like a chicken soup for soul..it's been a while since the last time u posted here and i 'm looking forward for ur recent posts..and today..what a suprise!! i hope u will continue to share ur love with other cats and also inspire other all around the world to do the same!!

    By Blogger helferina, at 3:40 PM  

  • Hi Helferina,

    Thanks for your kind words. Do you have cats of your own? After a long day, I can't wait to get home and spend time with them. :-)

    By Blogger catgirlph, at 4:45 PM  

  • well i have my own cat and she is very beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

  • How is the kitten doing now?

    Josh
    therefinedfeline.com

    By Blogger RefinedKind Pet Products, at 12:10 AM  

  • i love this picture also you can see unique cat prints of famous artists cats in The Cat Gallery.Like,cat pictures,pussy cat pictures,pictures of cats,funny cat pictures, cat photos, amusing cat art, beautiful cat faces, cat paintings.

    http://catspicture.blogspot.com
    Find Your cat Pictures HERE

    By Blogger Grant Golden Opportunity, at 3:42 PM  

  • I think that's sad. Paco would not have let that happen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

  • I love this blog! My kittens are all grown up now! I made a funny video of them fighting in the backyard, check tema out!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgWr1yNsOsI&feature=channel_page

    I'll start reading this blog from now on, it's so weet! More pics and videos please!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 AM  

  • What a great rescue story! I am so happy that Waffle found you.

    Check out my blog about a colony of abandoned/feral cats near my home. There will be stories there as time goes on that could inspire and inform anyone you know who wants to help homeless cats.
    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
    Would you add me to your blog list?

    By Blogger Debra Taylor, at 11:45 AM  

  • I always love a positive outcome to rescue stories.

    By Anonymous Marlene, at 12:37 AM  

  • One of my favourite cats Lester has the same story of becoming a member of our family just like Waffle. One day me and my mom were shopping in nice, small store on a busy street in the town, I was born in. When going out of the shop I saw cute little creature-a new born kitty and felt such a tenderness, that there was no place for any hesitation-we took him home. By the way the shop owner also told me: Why don't you take him home?
    A few days later came the name-Lester. My mom told me that it is the name of a English count, who has been a secret lover of Queen Elizabeth all of her life, but they never got married. I thought it will be very suitable name for a cat, and I hoped that it will bring him luck in his love life too.

    By Anonymous O2Cats.com, at 9:36 PM  

  • We are happy that you were able to help sweet Waffle out. We love that they are having fun with the bigger kitties now. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    By Blogger World of Animals, Inc, at 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home